I used to never think of myself as a “crunchy” mama. But over time I have learned that some of the things I do are a little more… granola. I always get a hoot out of the Jeff Foxworthy skits that start with “You might be a redneck if..” so here is my own version. If one or more of things are true, you might just be a crunchy mama.
You might be a crunchy mama IF:
- Your mom asks if you put the stroller in the car so you can go shopping and you say “No… but I brought my carrier!”
- Someone tell you that your grocery bills are probably much higher since you have kids in diapers and you can’t understand why the two are related. Similarly,
- Your neighbor says that when your next baby comes you’ll have to take out the trash twice as often, and it takes you a minute to figure out what he is talking about.
- You don’t have any of the baby food jars or formula cans necessary for all the cute Pinterest projects you see other mama friends doing.
- You know how to breastfeed your baby in a carrier so you still have two hands free to do the shopping or whatever else you need to be doing.
- You tried using your kiddos homeopathic teething tablets for your canker sore once when you couldn’t find the Oragel out of desperation, and have now decided it works better.
- Your toddler tries to be like mom by “nursing” their stuffed animals, putting them in cloth diapers or carrying them in a wrap.
- Every time you go shopping for clothes you have to weigh whether or not they are “breastfeeding friendly”.
- You have one solution (be it coconut oil or nipple cream) that you use on EVERYTHING, from diaper rash, to dry and cracked knuckles, to small bumps and scrapes.
- You have used breastmilk to clear up baby acne, a stuffy nose, or an ear infection. The stuff is magic!